Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My dev toolkit

This is a list of development tools I have had opportunity to use and which I found to be really good in their class. Most of these tools are open source and free though you would find some commercial tools too in the list. These are either tools which either have no open source alternative OR I am too used to them.

I expect this list to be very dynamic as I use/ stop using some tools, move on to better ones..

  • IntelliJ IDEA --> A JAVA IDE. Really really good. It is costly but worth every $
  • Apache JMeter --> 100% Java based Load Testing and Performance measurement tool
  • Hudson --> A continuous build system. For a nighly build system
  • Quartz --> A Job scheduling system. For Applications that need to do something at regular interval or at a fixed points in time

No comments:

Post a Comment